---oOo--- Inspiring Quotes From Famous People ---oOo---


HOME   |  BIBLE VERSES   |  MY MUSIC

Google

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Mary Lou Retton's inspiring quotes


Mary Lou Retton - an American gymnast who was the first female outside Eastern Europe to win the Olympic all-around title. There is a skill on the uneven bars that is named after her- the Retton Flip.

Here are some of her quotes:

1. "As simple as it sounds, we all must try to be the best person we can: by making the best choices, by making the most of the talents we've been given."

2. "Be cocky. Walk into the Georgia Dome like you own it."

3. "You give up your childhood. You miss proms and games and high-school events, and people say it's awful... I say it was a good trade. You miss something but I think I gained more than I lost."

4. "I'm very determined and stubborn. There's a desire in me that makes me want to do more and more, and to do it right."

5. "I know that if I wanted to have a chance at a medal in the Olympics, I was not going to do it if I stayed at home."

No comments: